The data era has arrived: data centres the size of more than 100 football pitches, annual data growth that could fill 13 Empire State Buildings with 1TB drives from basement to attic. What should our response be?
At Dell Technologies World, Jeff Clarke, Vice Chairman, Products & Operations at Dell EMC, spoke about the five IT imperatives for the data era:
- Develop a powerful, modern IT infrastructure that’s capable of processing structured and unstructured data at scale for AI and ML innovation.
- Enable a hybrid-cloud strategy that supports private and public clouds.
- Build compute and storage capabilities at the edge to deliver insight where low latency is key.
- Build a work environment to cater for 5 generations of employees running from Gen Zs to baby boomers, all of whom are active in the workforce and demanding innovation.
- Provide those kick-ass devices that will support the new work methods and models as they evolve.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by David Angwin